Our 1st priority is safety. We require as much information from you as possible in order to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment and to best serve your dog’s individual needs, we require all dogs to have proof of up to date vaccines.
- All dogs to be at least 8 weeks of age with vaccine record, proof of Bordetella, Rabies when old enough and Distemper.
- All up-to-date shots for: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella (Kennel Cough) Should be given 2 weeks ahead of time for best results.
- Female/Males to be spayed/neutered after 8 months Call for details/charges if not.
- Collar and legible name tag with dog’s first name or we will make you one for $3.
- We have many types of the same breed of your dog. We need a name tag and appreciate all items labeled with dog’s first and last name.
- Evaluation for Daycare. (No evaluation needed for Boarding.) We will board any dog that does not deliberately bite our staff. Please call to schedule an appointment for daycare evaluations. We need at least an hour with our staff to determine the dog’s behavior with multiple tests. We recommend allowing time for visiting with the staff and introductions into playgroups. We prefer to do this Monday to Thursday 7 am to 2 pm. We can make appointments if those recommended times do not work.
Proof of Vaccinations
We will not make any appointment without proof first! Feel free to e-mail your dog’s records (documents are computer friendly with editing enabled). Scan and e-mail or fax them. You can even drop the records off in person, but it must be done before we can set up any appointments.
If you can not find your records at home. Call or e-mail your vet and ask them to send vaccine records for each dog to Prairie Dog.Call: 701-356-5353 Fax: 701-356-5502 Email email@example.com
We want all our guests to remain in good health which is why we only accept vaccinated animals. Routine vaccinations help protect your dog from a number of serious diseases such as:
• Distemper – causes severe respiratory infections and convulsions.
• Hepatitis – leads to jaundice and damage to the liver and kidneys.
• Parvovirus – a cause of very severe gastroenteritis.
• Leptospirosis – leads to jaundice and internal bleeding.
We insist that all dogs staying with us are fully vaccinated with up to date boosters against these diseases. New vaccination courses must have been completed at least 2 days before arrival, but we recommend 2 weeks ahead of time.
We also require proof that all our guests are vaccinated against ‘Kennel Cough’. Keeping your dog up to date with the annual vaccination reduces the risk of catching the infection by up to 80%. The Kennel Cough vaccines are given as an intranasal vaccine and are effective for 12 months. The Kennel Cough vaccination is available from your vet. We require this because it is easily spread with a sneeze at a dog park, big box store or your neighborhood.
Fleas & Worms
We also require that your dog be treated for worms and fleas before boarding with us.
Proof of vaccination, including kennel cough in the form of your dog’s up to date vaccination certificate MUST accompany your dog on arrival with us. Your vet can provide vaccine information. If proof of vaccination is not shown on arrival we WILL NOT accept your pet for boarding, grooming or daycare even with our $10 nail trims. We conveniently keep all records on file in our system until they are no longer up to date.
If you have any questions regarding our vaccination policies please feel free to contact us.